Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sprecher's

According to the four-pack Sprecher's ("Speaker's") box that this root beer came in this brand won a prize somewhere in New York, which is appropriate as it is yet another one that I picked up in Ithaca, New York. I don't know what the award was, but the box is in the garbage now and I'm not digging around to check it out.

I had a good feeling about this one and I wasn't disappointed. It's nice and dark and the head... Exceptional. The real surprise was the sweetness. Like your run-of-the-mill root beers it has high fructose corn syrup, but, unlike them, it also has raw honey. This gave it a nice dusty sweetness that wasn't cloying.

For some reason it has some kind of creature (a griffin?) on the bottle.

Note: Sprecher's also makes the best cream soda that W.A. and I ever had.

Packaging: B
Head: A
Carbonation: B
Taste: A
Final Grade: A for Awesomeness



 

No comments:

Post a Comment