Monday, November 16, 2009

The Pop Shoppe

Good ol’ Pop Shoppe: Canadian institution, creators of my once-beloved Black Cherry pop, source of the infamous bread-tie-in-a-bottle (long story).

I actually had a hard time describing the taste of this one. It doesn’t have that classic root beer taste. So just what does it taste like? At first I was trying to go with something fancy-schmancy like ‘papaya’ but W. nailed it when she said ‘booze’. There’s a definite and unappealing hint of booziness in there.

I don’t know from types of carbonation, but it was making me burp like a mother. The head was good though. Overall a mediocre root beer in the glucose-fructose style.

P.S. Check out the Pee Wee Herman reference on the side!
 

Packaging: A- (it’s a classic, right?)
Head: A
Carbonation: B (too burpy)
Taste: C
Final Grade: B-


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment